How to make Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk & Evaporated Milk

I have been meaning to share these two recipes with you. The first one is for How to make Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk, I first got this recipe when I was first married. I really like to use this when a recipe calls for a can of sweetened condensed milk, this doesn’t have the canned taste that the boughten has, and it’s cheaper!

The evaporated milk is one my mother came up with years ago.

Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk:

Place the following ingredients into a blender in this order~


2/3 c. sugar
3 Tbsp. melted butter or margarine
1/3 c. boiling water
1 cup dry milk

Cover and blend until smooth. The mixture will thicken as it blends. It will become even thicker as it cools.

Pour into a container and cool completely before using. This recipe yields one can of commercial size sweetened condensed milk.

 

A nice substitute when you don’t have a can of evaporated milk.

Evaporated Milk

2/3 cup dry milk powder
3/4 cup water

Mix together. Makes 1 cup.

I have used this as a substitute for heavy cream in some of my recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Pageviews