Our Homeschool Week in Review

This week hasn't been terribly exciting in our home. We're just plugging along with work.

It ended up being cold this week! Which is highly unusual for Kentucky in May. We did manage to get some work done in the garden yesterday. Today has turned out really warm! So we worked some more in the garden and got a few things planted.

I did talk with each of the kids about their goals this week. More important for the high school kids than the 4th and 6th graders. But since we talked about how much of a summer break they are going to get, the two younger ones were really interested. lol

Hannah, 15, who is completing 10th grade because she worked ahead, doesn't want to take a summer break. She just wants to keep working. Calen 16, who is completing 10th grade does want to take a break. So as soon as he finishes his books, he will be on vacation until the first week of August. He does spend time working on computers and such, so I'm sure he will make wise use of his time. Or I'll find lots of work for him to do. lol

The 4th and 6th graders will be only getting the month of July off for vacation. Of course, they will get a day or two off here and there when cousins come to visit.

I'm not a big fan of summer vacations. I learned early on in our homeschool, having started kindergarten with our oldest in 1991, that it's easier to keep schooling over the summer. I found attitudes about starting school again after summer vacation were less than desirable. Besides, in real life you never get the whole summer off. Unless, of course, you are a teacher. :)

One exciting thing did happen since my last homeschool week in review!

I have been selected to be a part of the TOS Homeschool Crew!


I am so excited! I'm really looking forward to reviewing some great homeschool products!


Until next week, here are a few websites I found helpful:

Homeschooling Grades
How to Calculate Grade Point Averages For Homeschooled Students
Homemade Butterfly Feeder







Please visit:
Weekly Wrap Up at Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers.
Wrapping Up The Week
Weekly Homeschool Highlights

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Pageviews