Hybrid~Book Review

                

HYBRID, the new thriller by neurosurgeon, Dr. Brian O’Grady was such a good read! I found that I couldn’t put it down. I couldn’t quit thinking about the possibilities of the world’s most devastating viruses, but I can only imagine the horrors of a virus that is not only lethal but evil too.

HYBRID is a novel that begins with Amanda Flynn who is the sole survivor of a mysterious new virus, EDH1, while in a Honduran camp. Those afflicted either suffered a gruesome death or became increasingly violent savages. Though Amanda is a survivor, she too has experienced change. Amanda is able to sense things and use her mind to do things too. Will she be able to resist the overwhelming urge to kill? Amanda realizes that there is an outbreak of violent deaths now taking place in a Colorado town. She senses that a mutated form of EDH1 has arrived in the United States. Then she discovers that there is another afflicted person lurking, an evil man whose mission is to destroy the entire human society and build a new world order. What are the full powers of the human mind, can a virus unleash the power of telekinesis, telepathy and mind control?

This is the kind of book that is so hard to put down! This book is like a train wreck in the fact that you just have to keep watching the train wreck, I just had to finish reading this book. I was drawn to the author’s use of modern technology to give the plot a sense of realism.

Dr. O’Grady is a debut novelist and HYBRID has been compared to the novels of the brilliant Michael Crichton. I look forward to future works by this Dr. O’Grady and anticipate that HYBRID will be the first of many new thrillers to come.

~I received a product sample in order to write my review. I received no monetary compensation. All opinions expressed are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Pageviews