Garlic Mashed Potato Casserole

 

P4260295

I love a mashed potato recipe that doesn’t require me making gravy! I can make a decent gravy, but I always seem to make to much, then I have to figure out what to do with the leftovers. I also don’t like having to heat up left over gravy. This casserole goes together pretty fast and the leftovers got eaten up the next night.

Garlic Mashed Potato Casserole

2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks

1/4 cup thinly sliced garlic

1 cup chicken broth, I used 2 bullion cubes in 1 cup hot water

1/2 cup sour cream

2 tablespoons butter

salt and pepper to taste

1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated

In a large pot put the potatoes, garlic and chicken broth along with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and boil for about 15 minutes or until tender. Drain off the liquid, but save 3/4 cup of the water.

Return the potatoes and garlic to the pot, and cook and stir on low until they are dried out a little. Start mashing the potatoes and garlic with a potato masher. Add the reserved liquid and continue mashing. Mix in the sour cream, salt and pepper and butter. Spread into a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and bake for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Pageviews