Black Bean Brownies

This brownie recipe was the first recipe I tried with beans after going gluten free. They are so delicious! At first, I was just making them for me. I let the kids try them once, and they all like them. In fact, last week, my 12 year old told me she likes these brownies better than regular brownies. So much for having my "special brownies" all to my self. lol Since these brownies are healthier than regular brownies, I don't really mind. :)

These brownies don't taste exactly like regular brownies, but you can't really taste the beans. They are so fudgey. And yummy! The recipe calls for sprinkling the chocolate chips on top before baking. One time, I remembered that was I was pulling the brownies out of the oven. So I sprinkled them on then, and once they melted, I spread the chocolate around. It made a candy like coating on top of the brownies.  They're good both ways!




2 cups cooked black beans (or 1 can, rinsed and drained)
3 eggs
1/3 cup butter
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup sugar or 1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)


Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor bowl or blender, combine the black beans, eggs, melted butter, cocoa powder, vanilla, and sugar. Pulse or blend until smooth (or as smooth as possible).

Grease an 8x8-inch glass baking dish. Pour the batter into the greased dish. Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts (if using) over the top and use a spatula to push them down into the batter just a little (but not too much; they will sink some while the brownies bake).
Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes, until brownies are set in the middle. Watch the edges for excess browning if you're not sure they're done. (Mine seem to take a full 50 minutes, and are still chewy but not gooey.)
Cool and then chill before serving! Store in fridge.
*I have frozen them, too. They defrost great.

You should go check out all of Tammy's GREAT recipes. We use her Challah Bread recipe all the time, too. Also visit Tammy's Recipes Kitchen Tip Tuesday, where you can link up your kitchen tips, and check out others great tips.







For more tips and recipes, visit:

Garden and Kitchen Call Monday



The Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom
Frugal Food Thursday

Friday Food



Homemaker blog hopgiveaways

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Pageviews