My Daily List

I have used lists to keep me on track for years. I prefer to use routines, instead of a schedule. I have learned that is is next to impossible to follow a timed schedule. A list of tasks to finish sometime in the morning or afternoon is much more achievable for me, and for my children. The four youngest that I am homeschooling (the older 2 already graduated from our homeschool) have their own morning and afternoon lists. Morning list are supposed to be done before school starts, and afternoon lists are done right after lunch.

Every so often, I go through my lists and update them. For example, I don't need  "test the pool" cluttering up my list in the winter. The change of seasons is a good time to update my lists.

Here is my current daily list:


MORNING
 Make my bed
 Pick up master bed, bath
 Take dinner out of freezer
 Breakfast
 Vitamins
 wash dishes
 desk duty
 School

 Clear Hot Spots:
 computer desks
 washing machine
 LR-TV
 tables- school room, living room
 piano

 AFTERNOON
 Lunch        
 Vitamins
 wash dishes      
 Check school work                  
 Put away School stuff
 Start dinner
 weeklies
 monthlies

EVENING
 Dinner
 Vitamins
 wash dishes

Clear hot spots:
 computer desks
 washing machine
 LR-TV
 tables - schoolroom, living room
 piano

A hot spot is a place that everyone dumps their stuff. The places that would be piled sky high if not dealt with on a regular basis. You know the spots I'm talking about, every house has them.

Now, my list probably will look quite different from yours. My kids have a lot of the daily tasks on their lists.

They set the table, clear the table, take out the trash, do pick-ups of all the rooms, do the daily vacuuming. I believe in training the kids (boys and girls) to do housework so when they move out, they are equipped to take care of their own houses.

Housework is the responsibility of ALL the people that live in the home. Not just the girls. My boys hate it when I say that. lol

You've probably also noticed that laundry is not on the list. The kids are responsible for their own laundry. Since my youngest is 10, I just have to supervise the laundry process, which includes hanging the laundry on the clothesline outside.

Next week, I'll share my weekly cleaning list.

For more homemaking ideas, visit
Homemaker Monday

Tackle it Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Pageviews