Chili Beef & Cabbage

I got this recipe from Homestead Momma's blog, but can't access it anymore, so I can't link to it. I hope she makes her recipes available again, she had some really great ones.



Chili Cabbage & Beef

1 lb. Ground beef
¼ head cabbage
1 can tomato sauce
Chili powder to taste (I used 1 tbsp. or so)

Brown the ground beef with the cabbage. Drain. Pour over 1 can of tomato sauce, and add 1 tbsp. chili powder. Let simmer 15-20 minutes. Serve.

I usually double the recipe as my family loves this. I always use more cabbage than the recipe calls for, too. I often use cooked ground beef from the freezer for this recipe. So I usually cook the cabbage by itself, then add the other ingredients. Cabbage can also be partially cooked, then frozen. So you could freeze the rest of the head of cabbage for another meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Pageviews