Shabbat Shaboom~CD Review

image

As Seen on FOX-5’s ‘Good Day New York,’ NBC's ‘Weekend Today in New York,’ SHALOM TV, and E Channel's ‘The Soup’ …

The original songs and stories on Shabbat Shaboom transport listeners to a place where the album’s warmly sincere pop-rock title track happily melds with a Gloria Estefan-meets-Fiddler on the Roof conga line tune, "Challah-Day,” where the reggae-influenced “Mazel Tov” meets a disco ditty, “Sabbath Queen.”  Shabbat Shaboom touches on such aspects as lighting candles, being with family (mishpocha), celebrating bat mitzvahs, and even the “workout” that Mama Doni mischievously terms "synagoguersizing." 

I played this album for Sloan last night when she was doing her homework. When she got finished she went and got the album and replayed some songs that she really liked. Then she asked me if she could have it. So, I would say this album spans lots of ages, Sloan is almost 13 (end of next month, sniff) and I enjoyed it too!

Some of Sloan’s favorite songs are~

Shabbat Shaboom

A Grape Juice Break Dance

Jewish Cowgirl

The Coolest Friend I Ever Had Was A Chicken

You can purchase this album at MamaDoni.

You can connect with the Mama Doni Band on Facebook.

~I received a product sample in order to write my review. I received no monetary compensation. All opinions expressed are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Pageviews