Saturday On The Farm

Last week, when I told you about putting in a new herb garden, I said we put netting on top to keep the chickens out. Turns out, we really need it to keep the little kittens out.


Even with all the animal traffic, the herbs are starting to grow. So I'm happy about that. Now I just need to figure out a fence or something to keep the animals out when the plants get too tall for the netting.

We've done a lot of work in the vegetable garden this week. We got most of the tomato seedlings in the ground. This is my husband and two of the kids cutting holes in the cardboard to plant the seedlings.


It got dark while we were out there working, and the moon paid us a visit.


The grass and weeds are getting tall along the fence. Here's Zach, my youngest cutting them down with scissors. Hey, it works, and keeps him busy. :)


We have raspberries almost ready! Actually, one was ready. It had an ant on it, and when I brushed the ant off, the perfectly ripe raspberry fell to the ground, and I couldn't find it. I was sorry to not be able to eat it. I'm looking forward to these being ready.


These are Black Raspberries that are growing wild in our yard.  These are really yummy, too.


The girls got a lot of flowers planted this week. Plants as well as seeds. They spent the night with their older, married sister, who took them plant shopping. They came home with some flowers and had fun deciding where to plant them.


Hannah planting some Celosia seeds around the plant that I already had.


These are more Wild Roses growing in front of the house.


How are your gardens doing this week?


Here are some links I found interesting and helpful:

Keys to Redneck Gardening
Best Plants to Use on a Retaining Wall
Canning Jar Cloches to Protect Young Plants
Companion Planting
How to Harvest, Dry and Store Herbs




Grab The Saturday on the Farm Button!




Saturday on the Farm is a blog carnival that lets us share links to our blog post. It's fun to visit each others farms.

To participate in Saturday on the Farm:


  • Write a post about your homestead, farm, farmette, or the tomato plant on your deck. Your cows, goats, chicken, or your favorite kitty cat. 
  • Add the link to your post (not your main page) below. 
  • Please link back to me so others can join the fun, too.













For more Farm & Garden posts, please visit:
Homestead Barn Hop
Bloomin' Tuesday
The Little Round Table
Frugal Gardening 101
Fertilizer Friday/ Flaunt Your Flowers

OutdoorWednesdaybutton54333333333332

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Pageviews