Snow Candy

When you get a lot of snow, what else is there to do but make snow ice cream and snow candy?

I remember making snow candy (and snow ice cream) when I was young in Massachusetts. I have never made it for my kids, though. So I did today!

Here's what I did:

Snow Candy


1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons butter

Place both ingredients in a pan and bring to a boil. Boil for 5-7 minutes until mixtures reaches 225-230 degrees.




Place snow in pan or bowl, and drizzle hot syrup over snow. The snow cools the candy pretty quickly. As soon as the candy is cool enough to eat, it's ready.


This candy is so yummy! It tastes like carmel! The recipe can be doubled, if you want to make a lot. I just made a small amount, in case my kids didn't like it. Maple syrup is expensive, you know, and I didn't want to waste it. They liked it, though, and wanted to know why I didn't make more. lol Good thing I have 3 bowls of snow sitting covered outside my front door!





For more recipes, visit:







Saturday Sweet Shots.

giveaways













No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Pageviews