Banana Bread

We love banana bread. We like to eat it for breakfast and for snacks. A loaf of banana bread doesn't last long in my house. That's why I like this recipe that I have used for a long time that makes 2 loaves. One for now, and one to put in the freezer for a quick breakfast or snack later.




Banana Bread


3 cups flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 eggs
2 cups mashed bananas (5-6 medium)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil

Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of 2 8x4 loaf pans.

In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.

In another bowl, mash the bananas, and add the eggs and oil, stirring well. Add to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.

Divide into the 2 prepared pans.

Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.

Cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.

Bread can be frozen, whole or sliced, in a freezer bag, or wrapped in foil.

I also baked the batter in a mini muffin pan. I added chocolate chips to the top before baking. These are nice little snacks for the kids. These, also, can be frozen.








Kitchen Tip - I always have a problem with the bottoms of the banana bread sticking to the pan. So much so, that when I remove the bread, part of the bottom stays in the pan. Event though I'm using no stick pans, and greasing the pan well. So now I grease, then flour only the bottom of the pan. Even though every quick bread recipe I have seen calls only for greasing the pan, I have found the flour solves my problem, and my banana breads are intact. Which makes me smile when I serve it. :)



Top of one loaf on the left, and bottom of the other loaf on the right















For more tips and recipes, visit:







Saturday Sweet Shots.

giveaways



RecipeLion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Pageviews