Ginger Snaps

The other day, I made gingersnaps for the first time. Here's the recipe I used from an old cookbook. Of course, I didn't follow the recipe exactly. :)

Ginger Snaps


2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened (you could use shortening if you wanted)
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 cup white sugar, for rolling cookies in

In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup flour with the remain ingredients, except for white sugar. Beat well. Stir in remaining flour.

Shape dougn into 1 inch balls. Roll balls in white sugar to coat. Place balls on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake at 375* for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set and tops are crackled. Cool cookies on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to wire rack and let cool. Makes about 48 cookies. I actually only got 36 cookies, I must have made mine bigger.


See how good the cookies are? I arranged them on the plate,nice and pretty like. Then I went to get my camera. When I returned with said camera, this is what I found! Proof that the cookies are good! One of my kids, I still haven't figured out who, couldn't resist them. Now, to make a cup of tea to go with my ginger snaps!




For more recipes, visit:







Saturday Sweet Shots.

giveaways



RecipeLion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Pageviews