Applesauce Gingerbread

I have made this for a couple of years now, and it's so yummy!

Applesauce Gingerbread


1 cup melted butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
2 large eggs
1 cup applesauce
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 3508. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Combine melted butter, brown sugar and molasses in bowl. Add eggs, one at a time.
Stir in applesauce and beat well.
Sift the flour, baking soda, ginger and cinnamon into the batter. Mix thoroughly.
Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Turn out out a wire rack and cool completely.

We serve this with whipped cream. It's sooooooo good!

My notes:
I don't sift the dry ingredients, I don't own a sifter (gasp!). I usually leave the cake in the pan (double gasp!) and serve right from my glass baking pan.

Sorry, no picture today! :( I had to cook for Ladies Bible Study tonight, I'll make this soon, and get a picture up.


I printed this out a few years ago. I'm pretty sure I found it on another blog. In the notes on my print out, it has  Texas Cooking Online link to this recipe. I'm fairly certain I've never been to the Texas Cooking Online website before today. So I decided to go ahead and post the recipe and include the link. I'm not trying to steal their recipe. :) So go see if there are any other Texas recipes you might like. :)



For more recipes, visit:







giveaways



RecipeLion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Pageviews