The White Cabinet Review

image

From the 1940's to the 1960's Hilda Glasgow was one of the top fashion illustrators in the industry. She was also my mother. As a woman ahead of her time, born in 1913, graduating from Pratt Institute in NYC in 1933, she illustrated the latest mid 20th century fashions for magazines such as Vogue and a variety of high end department stores, including Saks Fifth Avenue and Best & Co.

Hilda Glasgow, was one of the top fashion illustrators of the mid 20th century. She passed away in 2004 at the age of 91. For the last 50 years or so, mom’s pen and ink drawings have pretty much been hidden away in a white cabinet, first in her apartment and now in my home. They grace the walls here and in friend’s places. I recently decided to show them to the world again via a new online store called, what else, The White Cabinet. They lived there physically, so why not online as well?

image

imageimage

At The White Cabinet you can find custom gicleé prints, notecards and wallpaper is coming soon.

I was sent 2 cards to review and I love them. I love the art from this era and Hilda was an amazing artist. The cards are made on a really nice quality paper too.

Right now you can enjoy free shipping on orders over $75. I think these would make a nice gift for mother’s day or send one to mom as a card!

You can connect with The White Cabinet on these social media’s, Facebook and Twitter.

Be sure and stop by Hilda’s Blog. And you can sign up here to find out what’s new to the collection.

~I received a product sample in order to write my review. I received no monetary compensation. All opinions expressed are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Pageviews