Making a Home - Macaroon Fail

I had some fresh coconut left that no one was eating. So I decided to make something with it. Since it's Passover, I had to find a recipe without leaven.

I came across this recipe for Macaroons.  Only 5 ingredients! Coconut, sugar, egg whites, vanilla & salt.



First I had to grate my coconut. The grater blade on my food processor broke, and grating all those pieces of coconut by hand did not sound appealing in the least. So I put all the pieces in the food processor and processed until small pieces. It worked great.

I put the dough in the fridge to cool for about 30 minutes, although the recipe wasn't clear on chilling the dough.

Instead of making cubes or pyramids like the recipe called for, I just spooned them out and slightly flattened them.

The recipe said if your pans were well seasoned, you could get away without using the parchment paper. Since I didn't have any and my pans are well seasoned, I just baked them on the pans.

After baking, I tried to take the cookies off the pan. They stuck to the spatula, and fell apart. So I tried leaving them on the pan for a few minutes.


When I came back, they were firmly stuck to the pan. I had to work at getting them off the pan.


So , my first attempt to make macaroons was a fail. They were, however, delicious. We ate all the crumbs. lol

Failure in the kitchen is important. How else do you come up with really yummy new recipes? Besides, it lets the kids see that I can mess stuff up, too. And gives us all something to laugh at. While we're eating the crumbs. lol

Visit the website for the recipe for macaroons.

These are definitely worth making. I do suggest using the parchment, though! lol

MakingaHome




Where we share all aspects of Making a Home. Share your posts about homemaking ideas, recipes, crafts, decorating, cleaning tips, basically anything that has to do with caring for a home and family.

Making a home for my family is very important to me and I'm always looking for tips and ideas.

So, link up your posts, and let's all support each other in making our homes better for our families.


Please provide a link back to me. A text link is fine. Of course, family friendly posts only.












For more tips and recipes, visit:




The Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom
Frugal Food Thursday

Friday Food



Homemaker blog hopgiveaways

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Pageviews