Saturday on the Farm

We've had so much rain this week that we hear squish squash when we walk across the yard. Thankfully, though, all the storms that we had were mild compared to what others had, especially south of here. Although Western Kentucky had tornados, too.

Here's what I saw on my walk today.

The Chives are blooming in the herb garden behind the house. I should find out if I'm supposed to let them bloom or not.


But the flowers are so pretty!


To the left of the Chives, is the Echinacea. They are getting big.


To the left of that are some wild strawberries. They have small berries on them!



This is Lamb's Ear in the Bible Garden.


The Lily of the Valley in the Bible Garden are so pretty. The flowers are starting to fade, and I'm sure they'll be gone by next week.


I found itty bitty apples on the apple trees by the driveway!


The Iris's in the a/c garden are blooming! There are two open. I don't know what kind these are, as we transplanted them here, but these yellow ones smell like lemonade!



So pretty!

The tomato seedlings are getting big. On sunny days, I put them outside on the porch.


This is a Wild Rose Bush behind the house by the clothesline. I always love it when these are blooming. It's just heavenly to smell them while I"m  hanging clothes on the line.


I found buds on the Blackberries!


Hope you enjoyed this weeks tour! Link up below so I can visit you, too!

Here are some links:

Best Planting Dates for Seeds - You put in your zip code, and get the dates for your area.
Medicinal Uses for Horehound
Must Have Herbs - 5 Culinary Herbs to Grow in Your Garden





Grab The Saturday on the Farm Button!




Saturday on the Farm is a blog carnival that lets us share links to our blog post. It's fun to visit each others farms.

To participate in Saturday on the Farm, just write a post about your homestead, farm, farmette, or the tomato plant on your deck. Your cows, goats, chicken, or your favorite kitty cat. Add the link to your post (not your main page) below. Please link back to me so others can join the fun, too.










For more Farm & Garden posts, please visit:
Homestead Barn Hop
Bloomin' Tuesday
Frugal Gardening 101
Fertilizer Friday/ Flaunt Your Flowers

OutdoorWednesdaybutton54333333333332


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Pageviews