Is Housework a Blessing?

Most people think of housework as hated chores to get through, not a blessing.

I consider housework to be a blessing.

I have changed my weekly cleaning day to Thursday, instead of Friday, so I can cook for the Sabbath on Friday. I thought I'd share a few ways I get a blessing and bless others while cleaning.

Every time I get my dusting mitt, out to dust, I think "Oh, I get to pick a new Bible verse today." We have Scripture holder on top of the entertainment center in our living room. Every week, when I dust, I shuffle the Scripture cards and pick a new one. See?


I am blessed while dusting!

Don't like laundry or ironing? Pray for each family member as you handle their clothes.

Don't like dishes? Turn on praise music while you work. Or, invite the family in the kitchen with you, not necessarily to help, but to talk.

If your family disappears when your working in the kitchen, use the time to pray. These can be rare peaceful moments in an otherwise busy household.

Doing housework is not only a blessing for us, we in turn bless our families.






For more, please visit:
Making a Home
Preparation Day Linky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Pageviews